Friday, May 21, 2010

What to tell a CEO who wants to migrate off Notes?

There's been a lot of useful stuff published over the last few years about how to best counter the "Move to Microsoft" mantra that sometimes comes down from senior management. I figured it would be a Good Thing (TM) if all of that information was readily accessible from one place.




Filling the application with useful links is the hard part since I won't be writing much of this stuff myself. My emphasis is on providing links to other peoples work (with proper accreditation of course). If you've got some information you think should be available through this application then please send me a LINK (not the original material) via email: gdodge at bcd dot net dot au.


BTW I did consider writing this in XPages but code re-use won out over innovation and the whole box of dice wound up taking only a couple of hours to recode from an existing application. I'll look at making it look pretty further down the track.
.

5 comments:

Gavin Bollard said...

Graham, the link didn't seem to take me to the interesting looking page on your blog but I figured out (eventually) where it went.

Seriously, you need to grab some of the snazzy new templates from OpenNTF instead of relying on the 6.5 look.

... oh and I'd tell CEO's that the logical progression off Notes is to the web (eventually), so he's welcome to use lotuslive but I think it's too soon.

Graham Dodge said...

What do you mean? Don't you consider my picture and details about my company to be interesting?

Yes, I will update the look and feel in the Fullness of Time and the Dueness of Course, but since it's still not quite 24 hours since I had the original idea to put this material on my site I think it's still a tribute to the Rapid Application Development in Notes.

Anonymous said...

Hi, the site is not working at the moment...

Anonymous said...

Yup.

Error 500

HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - File truncated - file may have been damaged.

That's sure not pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. Still not working?