Friday, August 1, 2008

Poll Results - Who will sell Foundations?

For the last few weeks I've been running a poll for Lotus Business Partners with the question "Do you intend to sell Lotus Foundations Server product and services?.

The statistically gifted among you can probably drive a semi-trailer through the holes in my methodology. The 37 responders were drawn from an audience who had individually chose to visit my Foundations-themed blog (indicating some pre-existing interest in the topic) and who then chose to respond to the poll. I didn't validate whether the voters were actually Lotus Business Partners or merely the recently unemployed Bill Gates having a joke at my expense. Can we then extrapolate these 37 responses as a trend for the world-wide Lotus Business community? I don't know. I'll leave those questions to the mathematically minded among us. For what it's worth, here are the results (with rounded percentages):

  • 05 votes...(13%): Yes. We're already sold some LFS (or Nitix) licences
  • 15 votes...(40%): Yes. We're ramping up technically
  • 08 votes...(21%): Maybe. We'll wait and see what happens.
  • 03 votes...(08%): Probably not. Only if a customer asks for it.
  • 06 votes...(16%): No. Too much of a distraction from our regular business.

The way I read it, about 75% of Lotus Business Partners would be willing to sell and service Foundations if they saw IBM building the market and they were given right tools to do the job.

Over to you Lotus.
.

No comments: